Monday, September 13, 2010

Joint-Based Face Rig - Part 4: Turn the other cheek

I've been told that this blog is getting hard to read for the layman. I'm sorry! I wanted to go into some detail on the face rig part, because it presented such a huge problem to me. We'll go back to regular things after the next post.

As for cheeks, they were just as easy as the eyes. The face moves with the eyes, and the cheeks are another often-overlooked part of facial animation. Do you want your character to look half-dead? Then by all means, ignore the cheeks.

If you want to add a little more to the pot, then a simple triangle of joints on each cheek will suffice. One under the eye for squints, one on the outer cheek, and one outside the naso-labial fold.



And that's all I have to say about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment